As is the case with many food bloggers, I do not post about every meal that I cook for many reasons, either I cook a repeat of something which worked well but have already posted about, I use leftovers from the freezer or, I cook staple, simple meals for when I’m either not feeling very hungry, I’m heading out later in the evening so I make a little something to keep me going, or I just cook something which I don’t feel is blog-worthy. Here are a few examples of these meals:
- My go to, quick meal – Poached egg on toast (gf) and avocado/Meridian 100% peanut butter and sprinkled with cinnamon.
- Eggs in general are pretty good for a quick meal.
- This last week, Paris was in the middle of a heat wave, with temperatures reaching up to 39°, and without a breath wind flows, we were suffering so last week we pretty much lived off salads which I made using a mixture of the following ingredients, which I generally like to have in my fridge during the summer months (except for parmesan, parmesan is great and should always be in the fridge):
– Any kind of smoked fish
– Pumpkin seeds
– Parmesan cheese
– Feta cheese
– Pieces of roast chicken which I cooked on the Sunday (recipe to follow)
– Smoked fish of any kind
– Sometimes two rashers of smoked back bacon
– Tomatoes of any variety
1.5tbsp virgin olive oil
1/2tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2tbsp walnut vinegar,
1tsp honey mustard
1 crushed garlic clove
Pepper to taste
- I sometimes make risotto as I really enjoy making them , but I don’t always put them on the blog as they sometimes don’t vary too differently from my cod and artichoke risotto, as my method stays the same, but I vary the components (chicken and courgette, butternut squash and smoked bacon par example).
- Lentils are a must, so is brown rice, quinoa, cinnamon, all of the herbs, really good black pepper and salt, and ripe tomatoes for chopping.
I’ve wanted to write this post for a long time, not that it was terribly interesting, I hope you liked it.